Does McDonald’s Take Apple Pay? – Here Is The Answer
Suppose you have been busy for most of the days, and at night you need to get out of the home for food. You can see a McDonald’s and you are hungry. So you increase your speed, and just before entering, you notice that you have forgotten your purse at home. Now what? Does McDonald's take apple pay?
The answer is Yes. You can pay at McDonald’s with your apple pay. In this article, you will find everything about McDonald’s and payment options. If you ask does McDonald's have apple pay, then the answer is also yes.
Why use your card or any other payment option when you have Apple Pay? But, there are a couple of brands, restaurants, and other shopping malls that do not accept every payment option.
Right now, there are more than 40,000 outlets of McDonald’s all over the world. And in 2022, customers can pay by using Apple Pay for eat-in, online, and takeaway orders.
Does McDonald's Drive Thru Take Apple Pay: How To Use?
As you get to know the answer, does McDonald's accept apple pay? Then, it is time to know how to use that. If you are not able to use apple pay as a payment solution, then there is no way of knowing it. Here are the steps to follow when you will pay with your iPhone or Apple watch at McDonald’s restaurant.
- After placing an order, open your Apple Pay on your Apple device.
- If you are using an Apple watch, then click on the side button. If you are using an iPhone, then click on Home or double-click the side button.
- Then you need to unlock your Apple device.
- Then your Apple pay will pop up on your screen. There will be two options. Either you can pay with your primary card, or you can select other payment options.
- Then, you need to take your device closer to the card reader. For contactless communication, Apple Pay uses radio waves. Also, there will be no direct touch needed.
- You will need to wait for a couple of seconds for the confirmation. And when the payment will be completed, you can see the “Done” on your Apple device.
McDonald's Apple Pay: How To Use McDonald’s App?
So, in the above case is when you are visiting McDonald’s. But what if you are at your home and want to order food online through the McDonald’s app?
Here are the steps to follow:
- After you have decided what to order, proceed to the checkout.
- There will be an option that says, “Buy with Apple Pay.” You need to select this option as the payment method. If you have selected Apple Pay as the automatic payment option, then you don’t need to select that later.
- After selecting, your Apple Pay will launch. In the pop-up, you will see the primary card in your wallet. If you want to switch cards, then you can do that in this step.
- After selecting the card, you need to confirm the transaction by using your passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds for confirmation. Then you can see the word “Done.” And you have successfully transacted with Apple Pay through the McDonald’s App.
Apple Pay And Uber Eats
Now that you know the answer to does McDonald's take apple pay, you must be curious about whether you can order food from McDonald’s on other food delivery apps like Uber Eats.
Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you need to add your Apple Pay payment option to your Uber Eats Wallet. To do this, open your Uber Eats application, then go to “Account,” after that, click on “Wallet.” You will find the Apple Pay logo on the “Payment Methods.” Now, follow the instructions to select and save it.
- Now, it is time to order. First, select your order and then click on “Go to checkout.”
- After that, tap on the payment method. After you go to the next screen, choose the Apple Pay option, and click on the “Next” button.
- After that, follow the steps. The steps are similar to the same as McDonald’s App.
McDonald’s And Apple Pay: Associated Fees
First of all, there are no hidden fees for using Apple Pay. It is completely free for all Apple users. On the other hand, McDonald’s does not charge any additional fees if a customer uses a mobile wallet like Apple Pay. If there is any fee that your Apple Pay charges on transactions, then that must be coming from your associate bank or credit card.
Using Apple Pay At McDonald’s: Is It Safe?
Apple Pay is one of the safest ways for transactions than using cash, debit, or credit cards. First of all, if you want to pay with Apple Pay, then you need to use a passcode. Secondly, your payment data can not be seen by the merchants. And all your data is safe and secured.
Whenever you use Apple Pay as a payment method, there is a unique device account number that is assigned to every payment. Also, every time you make a payment, the accounts associated with the payment are encrypted while you are purchasing. Therefore, no one can know your card number, account number, your name on the card, or PIN.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Here are interesting questions and answers.
Ans: In the United States, every McDonald’s restaurant accepts Apple Pay as a payment option, whether it is in-person or online transactions. So, McDonald’s that is near to you will definitely accept Apple Pay.
Ans: At a McDonald’s drive thru, you can use Apple Pay while checking out. But you can not reach the card reader physically, so you need to hand over your device. If you are uncomfortable, then you can use the McDonald’s app.
Ans: If you want to use Apple Pay at a McDonald’s self-service kiosk, then you need to follow these steps:
1. First, hold your iPhone near the card reader.
2. As other self checkout units work, the kiosks work similarly.
3. And the process is the same as I have mentioned earlier.
So, does McDonald's take Apple Pay?
Yes, McDonald’s accepts Apple Pay as a payment option. This payment option is convenient and easy. Also, your transactions will be safe and secure. Rather than using debit or credit cards, you should definitely use Apple Pay. So whether you want to order your breakfast or your dinner, you can use Apple Pay as a Payment option.
If you have any further queries, then feel free to ask in the comment section below.