What Does No Location Found Mean In Iphone? How To Fix It?
What does no location found mean?
Are you trying to track your Iphone or someone's location through your Iphone? Do you see the above notification when trying to track them on your iPhone? In that case, you are on the right page, reading the right solution.
If the device you are trying to track is not turned on, it may be because it is turned off. A device that is turned off cannot transmit location signals. However, that is not the only possible reason.
In this article, I have helped you find out different reasons why this message appears on your phone. So, keep reading to find out what causes the problem and how to solve it.
What Does No Location Found Mean?
The location option in your device allows you to check your own location and also check the location of your friends who are close by. However, iPhone users sometimes see a notification reading "No locations found". But, what does it mean when it says no location found? The simple meaning of this notification is that the features failed to operate.
The main reason behind this notification may be a slow network issue. Also, if you use backdated versions of the essential software, it can cause the no location found notification to appear.
You can try different troubleshooting methods to solve this. For instance –
- Reconnect to your network.
- Reboot the device and see if that works.
- A significant flaw in the software can also cause this problem.
- You can also restart the app that is malfunctioning.
- You can also close and reopen the message to see if it works.
Why Does It Say No Location Found?
When you experience "no location found iphone" on your iPhone it can be due to different reasons.
1. Incorrect Time & Date
You will have a hard time tracking your friend's phones if they don't have the proper time and date configured on their devices. It will help if they let the device automatically configure the date and time.
2. The iPhone Does Not Have an Internet Connection
What does no location found mean? You are probably wondering why the "no location found" notification made you raise this question. But are you sure your friend's device is connected to the internet?
A poor internet connection or a lost connection may cause this notification to appear. The same can happen if your Iphone is also not connected to the internet.
3. They Disabled The Location App
When your friends or loved ones stop sharing their location with you or close the location app on their iPhones, you will find the no location found option. You can ask them to share their location with you to regain connection.
4. Not Signed Into "Find My Friends"
If the person you are trying to track may not be connected to "Find My Friends," When they are not signed in to the Find My Friends application, they will not appear there when you search for them.
5. They May Be In A Network Jammed Location
What does no location found mean?
It simply means that the person you are tracking is unavailable for tracking. However, is an explanation for the reason.
If the person you are trying to track is in a location where the network is jammed, you will stop receiving their location.
6. Their Phone Is Turned Off
One of many reasons you are seeing the "location not found" notification on your iPhone is because of the person turning off your device. They may have turned off the device on purpose, or the battery may be dead. The notification can also occur if they put the phone on flight mode.
How To Fix Location Issue On Find My Friends?
Although this problem might seem annoying, there are different ways to solve it. I have addressed different easy ways of solving this problem.
- First, you should fix your internet connection. Whether you are using cellular data or wi-fi, make sure the connection is seamless.
- You should also wait till the person you are tracking turns their phone on. When their phone turns on and is connected to the server, you won't have trouble finding them on Find My Friends.
- When your friend has a bad network connection, you cannot fix the issue from your end. All you can do is wait for them to get a proper internet connection.
- Did your friend sign off from Find My Friend? In that case, you can ask them to sign back again.
- Tell your friend to sign into iCloud and turn on their location if they have turned it off.
- Sometimes restarting the phone can also help solve this issue.
- If your device is running on a backdated operating system, you may see the notification appear. So, I suggest you update your iPhone to fix bugs or glitches that may cause this problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
I think you have found the solution to your query in this article. However, here are some questions and answers to help you.
Ans: You may see this notification if the Find My Friend or Share My Location options are turned off. You can go to the settings option in your phone and enable these options to stop this notification from appearing.
Ans: Whether someone is using an iPhone or Android, their location will not be found if they have a poor network connection. So, you have to wait until their network connection improves, or they can switch to a better network or wi-fi connection. The problem may also occur when your friend turns off the GPS.
Ans: It will be hard to locate someone using an iPHone if their phone dies. If the battery of the ipHone is drained, it will not be able to send locations to someone who is tracking them. The phone will not be able to make a connection due to a disturbed network as well. So, if the iPhone is turned off, the phone will stop sharing.
What does no location found mean? I think you have found out why you are seeing this notification on your phone. However, you can follow the above-mentioned solutions to solve this issue. Usually, getting a proper network connection or resetting the GPS solves the issue. You can try the other methods if both of these solutions fail.
Let us know if you have found the answer to your query. You can also ask questions in the comment. We will be eager to answer them as soon as possible.